If you’re looking for the best stability running shoes to provide support and balance to your feet, knees, hips, and thighs, you’ll need a pair of stability shoes.
Often times, a runner will seek running shoes that have high stability features, due to a condition known as overpronation. This condition is described as a natural tendency of your feet to bend inwards, while you’re standing or running.
Overpronation can be mild or severe. Regardless of the severity of overpronating feet, it’s important to seek out running shoes that provide stability. There are a lot of shoes out there, however, that claim to provide optimal stability. This can make the search difficult.
Things to Consider
Here are a few points to consider as you search for the best stability running shoes.
- What’s Your Pronation? The severity of your pronation can affect your choice of shoe, in a direct manner. If you’re a mild overpronator, you’ll most likely be okay with a shoe that has neutral support. If you’re a severe pronator, however, you’ll want a shoe with high stability and optimal support.
- Midsole Support. Having a well-constructed midsole can make a world of difference when it comes to pronation support. Not all are created equal, however. Shoes that offer higher stability are often constructed with posts. These posts are important when it comes to reducing stress on the arch of one’s foot, an area that is commonly impacted by overpronation. It’s good to know what level of midsole cushioning and support you’ll need!
- Stability Vs. Motion Control. Despite the names, both of these types of shoes offer stability. One option, motion control, offers enhanced stability for those who are suffering from severe overpronation. Stability shoes are just as good, but they’re designed to aid those suffering from mild to moderate overpronation.
Top 10 Stability Running Shoes Table
|Stability or Motion Control
|1. ASICS Women's GEL-Noosa Tri 11 Running Shoe
|2. Brooks Mens Glycerin 14
|3. ASICS Men's GEL Venture 5 Trail Running Shoe
|4. Saucony Women's Cohesion 9 Running Shoe
|5. ASICS Men's GT-1000 5 Running Shoe
|6. ASICS Women's Gel-Exalt 3 Running Shoe
|7. New Balance Men's M840V3 Running Shoe
|8. Brooks Men's Ravenna 7
|9. ASICS Men's Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoe
|10. New Balance Men's M560V6 Running Shoe
Still not convinced that you have all the information you need to find the best stability running shoes? Here are a few more pieces of information that might aid your buying decision.
- Midsole Material. This can play an important role in both the quality and support of the midsole of a shoe. Material such as EVA provides rigid, shock-absorbing support to combat the worst of pronation issues.
- Light Vs. Heavy. The weight of a shoe can impact how your feet feel on a daily basis, and can change based on the environment you most frequently work out in. If you’re buying a pair of shoes for trail wear, you’re going to want superior durability!
Top 3 Best Stability Running Shoes Reviews
The ASICS GEL-Noosa Tri 11 Running shoe is a stable, flashy, and technologically superior running shoe that will make your feet long-lasting machines. Let’s take a look at what these great kicks have to offer!
The ASICS GEL-NOOSA Tri 11 has a host of innovative features that vastly outpace many of its competitors. One of these features directly relates to the superior stability they offer.
That feature is the duomax support system. This is a midsole support system that is buffered by an EVA composition. Remember, midsole support is extremely important when it comes to stability!
The ASICS GEL-Noosa Tri 11 Running shoe is certainly the top shoe when it comes to the best stability running shoes. It’s sleek, supportive, advanced, and will provide your feet with the cure for their pronation issues!
Brooks has long made amazing lines of running shoes. Latest in the Glycerin line, the Brooks Glycerin 14 running shoes are no exception to the amazement. Let’s take a look at why these shoes are so great, especially if you’re looking for stability.
Although they’re meant for mild overpronators, they’re definitely equipped to handle moderate overpronation. This is primarily due to the amazing material that the sole of the shoe is constructed from.
This material is highly impact absorbing. It’s also flexible as well. The crash pad, known as a segmented crash pad, is also a contributor to this impact absorption.
The midsole build is pretty sweet, as well. It’s constructed out of a material known as Super DNA. It’s up there with EVA as far as material quality goes. A quality midsole means a quality running experience, especially if you’re looking for stability!
The Brooks Glycerin 14 is an excellent running shoe. When it comes to stability, it goes above and beyond!
The ASICS GEL Venture 5 Running Shoe is a durable shoe that is perfect for off-road running. If you’re looking for a shoe that provides great support and can be worn in environments that are less than ideal for tradition runners, this shoe is for you!
While it’s not very lightweight, it makes up for its bulkiness in its durability and support. Stability is no stranger to this trusty pair of sneakers!
Since they’re so durable and supportive, you’ll find that they’re able to be worn for activities other than running! Whether you’re walking the dog, walking, or standing for a prolonged period of time, you’ll be able to experience the comfort from the ASICS GEL Venture 5 Running Shoe!
This also means they can be worn for casual occasions! The color selection they offer will confirm that notion!
The ASICS GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe is a versatile, supportive running shoe.