For the seasoned runner, a good pair of shoes is crucial. Whether you run for sport or even just for pleasure, you’ll want to ensure that your feet are always well taken care of. A good pair of shoes can go a long way and will also help prevent any possible injuries.
While most running shoes are pretty straightforward, the best running shoes come with a few extra perks that could make all the difference. Knowing what to look for and how to shop for running shoes is crucial if you want to treat your feet like royalty. Fortunately for you, we have done all of the research so you can quickly find a pair of running shoes that suits your needs to perfection.
Top 10 Running Shoes Complete Guide
|1. ASICS Men's Gel Kayano 20 Running Shoe
|2. ASICS Women's GT-1000 3 PR Running Shoe
|3. Reebok Men's Speed Rise Running Shoe
|4. Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 14 Running Shoe
|5. Nike Women's Flex 2013 RN Rd Running Shoe 6.5 Women US
|6. ASICS Men's Gel-Nimbus 16 Running Shoe
|7. Saucony Women's Cohesion 7 Running Shoe
|8. Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 15 Running Shoe
|9. Nike Men's Free 4.0 Flyknit Running Shoe 9.5 Men US
|10. Saucony Women's Triumph 11 Running Shoe
Knowing How to Find the Best Running Shoes
Shopping for shoes may be a dreadful process for some, but it sure is an important one. Experts say that you should never keep your shoes for more than 6 months or 500 miles; whichever comes first. This makes it crucial for you to find a new pair of shoes that fits well and will keep you safe at all times. Here are a few things you should consider when purchasing a pair of running shoes.
- The terrain you will be running on will make a huge difference on the pair of shoes you will need to buy. If you plan on spending most of your time running on pavement, you’ll want to get yourself a pair of road running shoes. On the flip side, if you’ll be spending more time running off-road, you’d be better off with a good pair of trail running shoes.
- Make sure they fit perfectly. Even the best shoes for running won’t do your feet any good if they don’t fit like a glove. Visit a shoe store to get your feet measured prior to making your purchase if you plan on buying your shoes online. Using a Brannock device, shoe stores will be able to provide you with the exact measurements of your feet so you can make a precise and educated purchase.
- Buy only shoes with high-quality constructions in order to avoid wearing them out prematurely. This includes the materials used for the interior/exterior walls as well as the sole of the shoe. However, the sole has the most impact on wear, so you should be extremely cautious about only purchasing shoes with high quality soles. A sole that wears out too quickly will end up hurting your feet and won’t provide quality results for the desired 500 miles. A shoe with a lower grade sole may only be good for 200 miles, which is a significant difference.
- Traction is incredibly important whether you plan on running on pavement or off-road. A pair of running shoes with good traction will provide you with additional stability and balance. Plus, running shoes with great traction allow for more control on wet surfaces and while running up and down hill. A high-grade traction will also provide more shock absorption, making each impact less painful.
- Synthetic and nylon materials are great because they provide amazing breathability. This prevents annoying odour build-ups and allow for more airflow to your feet. Synthetic materials are especially good because they tend to be lightweight, flexible and strong, making the shoes more comfortable without compromising on the durability.
- Always buy new. Although you may be able to get yourself an incredibly high quality pair of shoes for cheap by purchasing them used, it’s a terrible idea to do so. Since running shoes are only made to last 500 miles or 6 months, they won’t be able to provide the same amount of support, stability and balance as new shoes. Used shoes are also prone to causing more injuries since they have been worn into for a specific person’s type of feet. No two feet are exactly alike, so you should always buy shoes brand new and avoid the potential hazards.
Tips for Buying Shoes Online
Buying your shoes online will allow you to save a ton of money since many great deals are only available when purchasing online. However, you should be incredibly cautious when purchasing shoes online. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy them online, but you should definitely make an educated purchase.
Steps to take when purchasing shoes online:
- Find 3 – 4 pairs of shoes that seem like the perfect fit for your needs.
- Locate a nearby shoe store that sells those exact shoes.
- Go to the store to get your feet measured and try on the shoes from step
- Find the perfect size and walk around in them for a few minutes.
- Make a list of the most comfortable and natural fitting shoes.
- Go home and order the ones you prefer.
By following these steps, you will be able to purchase the best running shoes online without having to worry about ordering the wrong size or getting a shoe that doesn’t feel comfortable. We highly recommend that you follow these steps so you can make an educated purchase without having to deal with returning the shoes and the extra delays that come along with it.
Top 5 Best Running Shoes Reviews
Made from lightweight synthetic materials, the Asics Men’s Gel Kayano 20 running shoes are among the best rated running shoes currently on the market. These imported shoes feature a claimed weight of only 11.3 oz., allowing your feet to feel nearly barefoot while running. The small weight allows you to run for longer periods of time without feeling like your shoes are dragging you down.
With a ComforDry sock liner, these shoes stay dry even during the longest runs. The lining also features anti-microbial technologies. With breathable sythentic materials and the ComforDry liner, your feet won’t sweat as much and more airflow will enter your shoes.
The rear and front of the sole features a unique gel cushioning system, which absorbs more shocks, providing a smooth run every time. Asics also integrated a one-of-a-kind Dynamic DuoMax Support System, which enhances the overall stability and support. The midsole features FluidRide technology, which provides the perfect balance of cushioning and bounce back properties.
As the highest rated running shoe on the market, the Asics Men’s Gel Kayano 20 is well worth the number one spot. With the unique cushioning and gel systems, this shoe provides amazing support, stability and balance while running. Along with the lightweight construction that doesn’t compromise on durability, the Kayano 20 will easily last for 500 miles or more. If you’re looking for a great all-around running shoe, you’ll certainly want to consider the Asics Men’s Gel Kayano 20.
At the second spot on our list are the Asics Women’s GT-1000 3 PR shoes. These shoes are made from a mix of synthetic and textile materials, providing a lightweight construction that feel great on your feet. These imported shoes feature a unique synthetic sole, which is made with durability and comfort in mind.
These Asics shoes feature a unique cushioning system built specifically for runners who suffer from pronation issues. The DuoMax pronation support system along with the Guidance Line Flex Groove in the sole offer additional stability, support and cushioning. These shoes also provide front and rear gel cushioning for even more shock absorption.
The midsole features an SpEVA foam, adding additional comfort. Ankle support is also well taken care of with the cushioned collar and the padded tongue. Added durability in key wear areas also provides more durability without adding on useless weight.
If you’re looking for a great woman’s running shoe with excellent features and pronation support, you’ll certainly want to consider the Asics Women’s GT-1000 3 PR running shoes. These shoes also support breast cancer by dedicating a portion of the profits to providing screening for women with high risks.
The Reebok Men’s Speed Rise running shoes offer a great solution at an affordable price range. These shoes were made from casual and sport runners alike. Designed for natural motion, these shoes feel amazing on the feet and provide the comfort that allows you to fun for hours without feeling like they drag you down.
The upper area of these shoes is made from textile and synthetic materials, providing a lightweight construction along with superb breathability. The memory tech sock liner offers more comfort while allowing your feet to remain dry at all times.
These shoes have an integrated midsole made from unique foam. This provides additional cushioning and shock absorption so you can run without having to worry about joint pain. Along with a non-marking sole, these shoes are great for casual runners and seasoned runners alike.
If you’re looking for a high quality running shoe that provides excellent cushioning technologies along with advanced durability, you’ll definitely want to check out the Reebok Men’s Speed Rise running shoes. With a lightweight design and amazing stability, these shoes well deserve the 3rd spot on our list.
The Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 14 running shoes provide amazing support, stability and durability. Made from highly breathable mesh, these shoes get rid of odours and keep your feet dry for the duration of your runs. These shoes are also lightweight, making it easy for you to run for hours without having the shoes drag you down.
The unique Extended Caterpillar Crash Pad provides a full ground contact so the transition from heel to toe is perfect and smooth for every landing. Along with the Omega Flex Grooves, these shoes provide a very natural forefoot movement and complete fluidity.
The adjustable saddle design offers heightened support. The sole is made to last with the HPR Plus technology, which offers additional durability in high wear areas. The rubber sole allows you to run for months without dealing with heavy wear and loss of quality.
If you’re seeking a high absorption running shoe that offers amazing support and stability, you’ll certainly want to look into the Brooks Women’ Adrenaline GTS 14 running shoes. They offer great features and amazing comfort at a very affordable price range.
The Nike Women’s Flex 2013 RN running shoes are great all-around shoes that provide comfort, support and stability. Made from synthetic materials and mesh, these shoes provide extreme breathability and a lightweight construction. The breathability provides greater airflow and keeps your feet dry at all times.
The inner sleeve is incredibly comfortable by wrapping around the entire foot, which provides a snug and perfect fit. The full length flex grooves allow for much more natural movements, allowing your feet to benefit from efficient ranges of motion while runner.
Available in numerous different colors, these shoes are incredibly comfortable and stylish. They provide great shock-absorbing features and amazing cushioning support so that every landing is a smooth one. With great airflow, you’ll never have to worry about damp feet or odours.
If you’re looking for an all-around great running shoe with superb stability, support and balance, you will love the Nike Women’s Flex 2013 RN running shoe. With tons of great features and amazing comfort, you will love running for hours at a time in these shoes.